Living in Penzance
Approximately one mile from the town centre lies the West Cornwall Hospital with a comprehensive range of in- and out-patient care facilities. It is the only hospital in the west of the county to have a Casualty Unit other than Treliske at Truro. In-patient facilities, with 74 beds, include general surgery and medicine, children's ward, day care, maternity and high dependency units. A new rehabilitation ward is due to be opened shortly. Two wards are brand new and the rest of the in-patient areas have recently been updated and a renal unit is also planned.
Apart from the 24 hour accident and emergency cover, facilities for out-patients include:
Further hospital facilities for both in- and out-patients are provided at St Michael's Hospital at Hayle with 85 beds. This is shortly to be upgraded to 92 beds. Marie Therese House at Hayle provides 12 beds for the rehabilitation and respite care for the young chronically sick and St Julia's Hospice at Hayle provides 7 beds. This will shortly be upgraded to 10. St Teresa's Cheshire Home at Marazion provides 23 beds for disabled adults. The Cornwall Healthcare Trust provides elder care rehabilitation, psychogeriatic rehabilitation and mental health services..
- Cornwall Healthcare Trust - Altzheimers Disease Specialist Hospital
- Bolitho House, Laregan Hill, Penzance. Phone: 01736-364203
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust - Trust Hospital
- West Cornwall Hospital, St Clare Street, Penzance. Phone: 01736-362382
- Cornwall Healthcare Trust - Community Mental Health Team
- Laregan Hill, Penzance. Phone: 01736-575555